License Options, Rights, & Restrictions
So what are the different options? This table explains what you get for each licensing option.
|License||Price||Terms||Use without credit / attribution||Royalty free||Use commercially||Download MP3||Download WAV||Lifetime Validity||Use for own projects||Use for third parties||Personalised license document||Unlimited pro licenses|
|Creative Commons||FREE||Creative Commons CCBY 4.0||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Pro License||$25||Pro License||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Patreon Subscription||From $10 per monthSubscribe||Pro License||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
To keep things super simple, I only offer two licenses. I don’t care whether your project is commercial, or how big it is – so there are no tiers for “broadcast use” or “cinema” or “advert with over 10,000 views/downloads” etc. just these two licenses…
This is the excitingly-named license you want if you are unable, or don’t want to have to give a credit somewhere. It costs a flat $25 per track and comes with the uncompressed file for you to use.
Creative Commons License
If you’re happy to give a credit, this is the license for you! In return for credit you can use the track in your project for free! You can easily download a high-quality MP3 on this website with no fuss.
Here are the rights you get with either licensing option.
What can I do?
- You can use all music for commercial and noncommercial use across physical and digital products, except in the cases mentioned in “What can I NOT do?”
- Yes! You can use the music for the following purposes:
- Videos or Livestreams on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch or similar
- Video Games
- Live Production
- Audio Dramas
- Sound reinforcement for events or locations
- Hold Music/Background Music
- Pretty much anything else
- You can modify or manipulate the music to suit your needs, e.g. turn the volume down, make transitions, stretch, cut, etc.
- You can create an end product for you or for a third party/client
What can I NOT do?
- You can not sub-license any music. New licenses need to be acquired via silvermansound.com
- You are not allowed to claim ownership of the music, whether it’s in original form or altered under this clause. Don’t be cheeky
- You are not allowed to register any music through content identification systems (on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and similar platforms). This one just makes me really sad...
- You can not claim trademark or service mark rights over the music within an end product